Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mike Cabrey visits Coca-Cola Park

Dramatic sunset pic
Once in a while, I actually do get to go to a sporting event without having to cover it. Monday was that day, as went to Allentown to catch the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs take on Charlotte Knights (the Chicago White Sox's AAA affiliate) at Coca-Cola Park. And since I have a forum to post things on the internet via this blog, I figure I'lll share a couple of picture I took at the game.

The Ironpigs were giving away a Domonic Brown bobblehead, so there was already a line well before the gates opened.


And here's what everyone was waiting for, a pretty nice bobblehead. I think they always look a little bit better if they're in action pose rather than just standing.


I just like the photo on the box.

Here's John Mayberry, Jr patrolling right field


Everyone has their own taste in food, by I enjoy the selection at  Coca-Cola Park. A lot of the standard ballpark fare and since its the minor leagues, the prices are good. I got the Big Porker sandwich, but I'm not sold it it having a nickname since it is just a straight pulled pork sandwich.

Don't pay attention to my thumb.

Personal favorite at the park is the Aw Shucks Roasted Corn. I was so good I ate about half of it before remembering I wanted to take a picture of it.
I don't know the spice mix on it, but it's awesome.

Finally, a couple more pictures I thought ended up looking okay.

Scoreboard and lawn seating taken from left field.

Another shot from left field.

Leaving the park.
Contact staff writer Mike Cabrey at mcabrey@thereporteornline.com or follow him on Twitter @mpcabrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment